Do you like ice cream, live music, and snacks? Have we got a sweet treat for you!
SESNA is teaming up with Umpqua Dairy, Roundhouse Band, and more to bring you a fun start to summer in 2018. We’ll have:
- Face-painting and games for kids and adults;
- The Umpqua Dairy ice cream folks, scooping up cold treats;
- A self-serve sundae toppings bar;
- Snacks and drinks; and
- Live music by local bluegrass favorites, Roundhouse Band!
The fun starts on Sunday, June 24 at 1:00 pm, and goes til 4:00. Join us at Aldrich Park, near the corner of 15th and Bellevue Streets SE. (Beside Bush Elementary School.)
All at no charge! Just bring a blanket or lawn chairs, some games to share, and be ready for a good time with your neighbors!
Want more than fun and games? Some local organizations will have tables set up, so you can find out what they have to offer. So far, we have:
- SESNA, of course! We want to know what you think about your neighborhood. What do you like? What could be different? How can we help? How can we best stay in touch with you?
- Cherriots will be sharing three things with us.
- “Oregonian Crossing” yard signs. Get yours free! (Sasquatch not included.)
- The WanderWalks Project. In partnership with Oregon State University and Salem Health, Cherriots is mapping everything healthy about our neighborhood. Places for health care, for healthy food, for fun and exercise, more. They need your help to be sure they know all the secret spots!
- The Trip Choice Program. Cherriots will introduce you to many ways to commute. They’re not limited to bus routes! Cherriots will share resources for finding a vanpool or carpool, or a bicycle or walking route. Ask about the free Emergency Ride Home; if you don’t drive for your commute, just register and you’re automatically eligible.
- CERT (Community Emergency Response Teams). Did you know that free training for emergency preparedness is available? The folks at the CERT table will tell you all about it. Be ready to take care of yourself, your family, and to help your neighbors in a crisis!
- MERIT (Micro Enterprise Resource Initiatives and Training). Do you want to start a business? Do you already have one? MERIT can help you start and grow, with free or very low-cost training, resources, and networking opportunities. MERIT partners with Chemeketa Community College, the National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders, the Ford Family Foundation, and other key organizations to make resources available.
- Clean Streams, Clear Choices. SESNA has lots of moving water–Mill Creek, Pringle Creek, and Shelton Ditch. Learn easy ways you can help keep pollution out of these features of our community.
- Enlace Cross-Cultural Community Development Project. Bringing the diverse cultures of Salem’s neighborhoods together is a big job. Enlace hosts cross-cultural events open to all, focusing mainly on interaction between the Latinx and Caucasian communities.
- Willamette Heritage Center. Formerly the Mission Mill Museum, WHC is now the hub for local history and a wonderful event venue. They’ll share info about their upcoming and current exhibits, and may have a few surprises for you!
Check back for more exhibitors. We can’t wait to see you in the park!
Keep in touch by signing up for our email list. Click HERE.
- Cherriots Trip Choice: https://cherriots.org/en/tripchoice
- CERT: https://www.cityofsalem.net/Pages/sign-up-for-cert-training.aspx
- MERIT: http://www.meritnw.org
- Clean Streams: https://www.cityofsalem.net/Pages/keep-streams-clean.aspx
- Enlace: https://www.facebook.com/enlacecrosscultural/
- Willamette Heritage Center: http://www.willametteheritage.org