The City of Salem is updating its Stormwater Master Plan to guide how the Salem community should address the many challenges associated with urban stormwater runoff.
The draft plan:
- Contains goals, objectives, and policies to guide decisions regarding stormwater programs and projects
- Provides direction on how to invest to best meet current and future demands on the stormwater system
- Recommends projects to reduce flooding risk and other adverse impacts related to stormwater
- Reflects regulatory changes and advances in stormwater management practices
- Includes detailed basin plans, which will facilitate updates to the overall master plan as basin plans are revised and updated
The Stormwater Master plan was completed with the support and counsel from the members of Salem’s Stormwater Advisory Committee. Members represented a range of personal and professional perspectives, including engineering, architecture, construction, development, real estate, environmental advocacy, and more.