2019 will be SESNA’s first annual Community Yard Sale! It will take place on May 18, and will raise funds toward the Aldrich Park Gazebo Renovation project.
There will be two types of sales:
- The Group Sale, at Capital Park Community Center, provides an indoor location in case of bad weather. Here, we will have:
- Tables for rent for you to sell your items–art, crafts, or smaller yard-sale goodies
- A bake sale, so you don’t go hungry while shopping
- Maps to the Community Sales
- The Community Yard Sales will take place in yards and garages around the neighborhood. Each Community Yard Sale will have:
- A marker on the Community Yard Sales map
- A brief listing of the things being sold, so buyers can find the right sales
- A Community Yard Sale yard sign out front
- Pictures of your sale or special items posted to our Instagram/Facebook from our Roving Sale Visitors
How can I participate?
Register before May 4 and pay only $10! ($15 beginning May 4.) Here’s what that gets you:
|Group Sale||Community Yard Sale|
|Advertising in local media||YES||YES|
|A space with 6′ table to display |
|Listing on SESNA website||YES||YES|
|Visits from SESNA Sale Visitors|
who post on Social Media
|Listing on Map to Sales||YES|
|Colorful Community Yard Sale Sign||YES|
What are the goals?
- Encourage neighbors to meet each other
- Help neighbors earn cash
- Provide opportunity for neighbors to show off and test their ideas
- Raise funds for Aldrich Park Gazebo Renovation project
The SESNA project team will be finalizing details for the Community Yard Sale at the March 26, 2019 meeting. Posters to recruit sellers will be reviewed, and we will discuss how best to advertise the sale. All are welcome to join this discussion. Join the team!
Do you have something to sell? Can you help recruit neighbors to sell something? Would you like to meet neighbors while distributing flyers about the event? How about lending a hand at the Group Sale? These are just some of the ways you can take part.
Timeline to Date
- November 2018: Idea approved by SESNA Board.
- February 2019: Planning begins.
- March 2019: Planning continues; recruitment posters distributed